[Olpc-socal] XO library Update

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun May 22 19:24:50 EDT 2011

Hi All...
So far we have several volunteers to help with the olpc-SoCal XO lending library.... scattered all over SoCal!  So, actually, that is probably what we will have to do for the summer. Some of the machines will probably be in Santa Barbara, where the UCSB folks have a great project going already, some may be housed somewhere in the valley, and, if we get them in time, we will have a few with Spanish Language keyboards housed in East LA.
Before I send them all out, I would like to give the developers on the list first chance at borrowing the new XO-1.5s.  These are the latest machine and have 2GB of memory (instead of one) and a faster processor.  If you are a Python programmer and would like to check one of these out to borrow for at least the summer (and maybe a little longer if you have something good going), let me know right away!  There are a limited number of these so it will be first come, first served.  You will also have to arrange a pickup sometime in the next week.  We may be able to work out a "Hand-off" from someone else on the list.
So.... don't delay!  Let me know ASAP if you are interested in trying your hand at doing some "software developing" this summer with the XO-1.5!

Caryl  Bigenho  OLPC Support Volunteer