[Olpc-socal] Great News! OSSIE @ SCaLE has moved to Saturday!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 00:44:13 EST 2011

Hi Open Source Software In Education (OSSIE)  Enthusiasts!

Wonderful news!  the OSSIE track for SCaLE 9X has been moved to Saturday with a possible additional OSSIE workshop on Sunday.  Always before, OSSIE was on Friday which made it very difficult for teachers, students, and parents to attend.  Not the case this year!

We are still working on the OSSIE program schedule, but there will surely be lots of great things to see, try, and learn. Come play with us and learn about great open source software for children of all ages... 5 to 105!

So, be sure to save the weekend of Feb 25-27 for SCaLE9X.  The schedule isn't up yet, but the general info is. Here is a link:
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/

And, when you come, be sure to bring a couple of empty usb sticks to copy some great fun educational software to take home with you!

Caryl

P.S. If you have a great idea for a presentation at OSSIE, let me know in a reply to this email and I will forward it to Bala Hriday or send it directly to (hriday at gmail.com).  Don't wait though!  Time is going to run out on this soon.