[Olpc-socal] I need help understanding how to use a few activities.

Caryl Bigenho caryl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 18 15:07:05 EDT 2011

Hi Phil,
Start with the online manual (also on the XO as the "Help Activity"). You can access it online here:
http://www.flossmanuals.net/xo/
Then go to this page and find the Activity you are interested in using in the upper right side of the list:
http://www.flossmanuals.net/
This will give you some of the basics.  If you are having a lot of problems with the XO you may need to update the software. Follow these instructions exactly for the XO-1:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/10.1.3#XO-1
Before you do it though, check in your settings and find out what build is already installed (I sent info about this before).
Do you speak/read any Spanish?  The very best resources are coming from the large deployments in Uruguay, Paraguay, Peru, and Mexico.  Someday someone will have the time to translate them. I'll see if I can find the link to them for you.

Have fun!Caryl, OLPC Support Volunteer