[Olpc-socal] Welcome Again to The SoCal List!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 25 22:21:59 EST 2010

Greetings fellow SoCal Open Source fans! This is the list you signed up for at SCaLE 8X. It is also a sort of "test" to see if this mailing list really works!

Since Southern California is really too spread out to have an interest group that would meet regularly, we can use this list as a way to share ideas, experiences, news, and questions about OLPC, XOs, Sugar on a Stick (SoaS) and other open source software tools.

Let's start out with a repeat of the news I sent out a couple of days ago about the XO-1.5. Many of you asked at SCaLE 8X if there would be availability of these new machines.  We now have news that a few will be available for developers of software or peripherals. If you have a specific idea you would like to work on that would require an XO-1.5, now is the time to apply. If your idea will use the mesh network, you will want to ask for more than one machine.

Not a programmer, engineer, or scientist, but have a great idea for using the XO with students?  You can still apply for from 1 to 10 XO-1 machines under the same Contributors Program. Information for both can be found at:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors

If you have an idea for a project and would like to find a collaborator, why not post a message to this list?

Caryl (aka SweetXOGrannie)