[OLPC-SF] Video Personality to Help with OLPC

Mike Lee curiouslee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:46:00 EDT 2014

Wow Nixie (Nicole!),

I had to do a double take seeing your name come up next to OLPC in my
inbox! And quite a journey you've had in Asia recently[1] along with your
coming out of sorts[2]. I've found your videos really helpful over the
years and kudos to showcasing your personal brand building skills while
advocating open source.

I'm in Washington, D.C. and have been engaged with the OLPC movement and
Sugar Labs since 2006. Here's my OLPC tag on Flickr [3]. I can't begin to
enumerate the myriad ways you can become involved with the movement. There
are so many passionate people helping children and families in very humble
and real ways on the ground around the world. Get an XO-4 Touch laptop[4],
pin yourself on our map and take your pick of places to go[5]! After
running an OLPC user group in DC for years, I finally made my own
deployment happen last year in a slum in Lusaka, Zambia with funding from
USAID[6].

Anyway, you're in one of the best places to get to know OLPC activists. The
crew at OLPC SF meets regularly at SFSU[7] and can give you the lay of OLPC
Land. I hope you truly do become involved!

Mike
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Mikelee

[1] https://twitter.com/NixiePixel/status/475352773295218688
[2] https://twitter.com/NixiePixel/status/479411827378372608