[OLPC-SF] Video Personality to Help with OLPC

Nixie Pixel nixiepixel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 23:28:08 EDT 2014

 Greetings and salutations!  :-)
(I hope you don't mind that I send this also to my local OLPC list in San
Francisco)

 I'm Niki, a 27 year-old geek who has been creating videos on open source
and Linux for the last 6 years. I have even covered OLPC
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUkug3zX66w>! Currently I live in a storage
shed in San Francisco. By that I mean I have been traveling all over Asia
for the last 6 months. But there's good news.

As luck would have it, I am returning to San Francisco in a week. (▰˘◡˘▰)

*Why am I telling you this?*
I have always been an avid follower of the OLPC project. I have donated
personally, as well as attending several of the local events. I'd love to
help in any way I can to bring my support to the next level.

I can plan large events and host them, such as I've done here for Logitech
<http://blog.logitech.com/?x=0&y=0&s=nixie> in the past. I can speak on a
technical level about the product. I can spread the word, and fund-raise.
Ultimately, I'd like to go on a mission in one of these developing nations
to help out. If you can let me know of the costs involved, I would
appreciate it.

*Who am I, really? *My true love is creating videos that make geeks laugh
and learn something. I'd love to help OLPC out in a similar way. At the
present moment I have two shows: OS.ALT
<https://www.youtube.com/nixiedoeslinux> (for 'Open Source Alternative')
and Geekbuzz <https://www.youtube.com/nixiepixel>, my tech channel. On
these shows I teach people that Linux is not scary and anyone can use it.
It's a great option for people who can't afford Windows (I'm sure you're
not surprised how many people that is.) When I'm not giving free tutorials
and lessons, I'm musing about it here*:*

My Google + Page: 460,000 followers
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NixiePixel/posts>
Twitter: 30,800 followers <https://twitter.com/nixiepixel>
Facebook: 38,400 followers <https://www.facebook.com/nixiepixel>
*I guess this could sound boring to some people*, but I have been lucky to
have such a dedicated following!

Thanks for reading my TL:DR and I would greatly appreciate any advice you
can give on how I may become more involved in this amazing community. I
want to hit the ground running.

Love and light,

---
*Nicole** Allen*