[OLPC-SF] What would you say to a Haiti schoolmaster to interest them in OLPC?

Travis A travis.axtell at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 14:47:21 EDT 2013

Hello support-gang and OLPC-SF,

A church in Carmel valley has been working with a school in Hinche, Haiti
as part of their outreach effort.  They have the headmaster of the school
visiting here and would like to introduce them to the OLPC.  They even have
20 OLPC's ready to go if the headmaster is interested.  They've asked me to
speak to him and show him the XO.

I have done more work with the programming side of OLPC, and not yet done a
OLPC deployment.  From those of you with that experience, particularly in
Haiti, what would you say to the headmaster?  What type of XO content do
other Haiti deployments ask for?  I was planning to show the customization,
language switching, variety of activities, and maybe something about a
power charging station if he asks.  I've already read through past posts on
the lists about Haiti, but I thought I would just ask for your current
input.

Thanks!
Travis