[OLPC-SF] [support-gang] Technical session suggestions for OLPC SF summit

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Sep 21 13:20:36 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Cherry Withers <cherry.withers at gmail.com>wrote:

> OK - I could do that in a "Recent and upcoming developments
>> (Sugar/OLPC)" type session. I'll put my name down for that.
>>
>> Still looking for more suggestions though (assuming I can be greedy
>> and take multiple slots). Particularly interested in doing something
>> where people actually learn and could get more involved as a result
>> (rather than just listening about what others are doing in the 'Recent
>> developments' slot).
>>

> Wow very generous Drake. I don't know enough to know how complex this
> request might be,
> but maybe something along the lines of  "An Anatomy of an XO Activity"
> where you can maybe show us a bird's eye view on how
> to Sugarize a mock activity? If we extend the invitation to some local
> Python developers, would be interesting to show
> how they can go from something like Python to Sugar?
>
> --

To add a bit to the flavor of the event (for those who couldn't attend last
year) we are trying hard to make this as participative as possible. Each
room typically has three to four lead facilitators with their topics,
running the session. We'll always have a few who will be passive and only
listen, but all are encouraged to be as participative as possible.

cheers,
Sameer