[OLPC-SF] [support-gang] Technical session suggestions for OLPC SF summit

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 21 12:34:34 EDT 2011

Am 21.09.2011 18:27, schrieb Daniel Drake:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Sameer Verma<sverma at sfsu.edu>  wrote:
>> I would find a report on the 1.75 and the move to touch/GTK3 quite valuable.
>
> OK - I could do that in a "Recent and upcoming developments
> (Sugar/OLPC)" type session. I'll put my name down for that.
>
> Still looking for more suggestions though (assuming I can be greedy
> and take multiple slots). Particularly interested in doing something
> where people actually learn and could get more involved as a result
> (rather than just listening about what others are doing in the 'Recent
> developments' slot).

That sounds like a great idea!

Maybe walking people through the process of a simple code contribution
would be a nice way to achieve this?

Or else a quick overview of "60min projects" where people can make
meaningful contributions to get them hooked?

Just my 2 eurocents,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer