[OLPC-SF] Preparations for Friday's documentation session (was: Help Activity Refresh during summit?)

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 18 18:39:18 EDT 2011

Hi all,

apologies for not following up on this conversation sooner but now that
my departure to San Francisco is only 36 hours away I was thinking about
last-minute preparations for Friday's documentation session.

(1) Workflow: I'm not sure whether we have we figured out a workflow or
specific agenda for the session? My first thought is that we need to
identify which sections need an update (unless someone has already done
so), then preferably split up the resulting updating and enhancement
(based on the suggestions found on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2011/Help_Activity_Refresh)
work among the group, and start getting things done.

(2) Tools, dissemination, audience: Based on the conversations over on
the other lists it really seems like we should also spend some time
thinking about which tools to use in the future (especially with regards
to localization), how to better disseminate what documentation we have
(e.g. also thinking about print-on-demand, beautiful Class Acts, and
some other ideas discussed here in the past), and for which audiences we
currently are and should be providing documentation (e.g. at least two
of the ideas on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2011/Help_Activity_Refresh#Suggestions_for_Additional_Chapters
seem to be more targeted towards teachers whereas so far much of the
Help Activity is more catered towards users in general).

(3) Travel: If you can think of anything meaningful I can do in terms of
preparations on my 14h (minus sleep and some dead-tree reading) flights
then please give me a shout... :-)

Anyway, those are just some ideas off the top of my tired head so I'm
really looking forward to your thoughts, comments, criticism, and
suggestions.

Cheers,
Christoph

--