[OLPC-SF] OLPC delpoyed school in M'Boro Senegal

Bruce Baikie bruce at green-wifi.org
Tue Mar 22 16:29:33 EDT 2011

Sameer

I just did a follow up site visit with an OLPC deployed school in the
north of Senegal in M'Boro.  This as an OLPC Africa Corp
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPCorps_Africa> deployment.  Two years I was
there when the project started and it was good to see it in person two
years later.

The biggest issue is the failure of the screens, then power cord, and
third keyboards.  Of the 170 XO's, 67 have screen issues.

I am arranging for support from a person from TechSoup who will be
living in Dakar for one year to provide the support for this project.

So where I need help is:
     1. This TechSoup person needs training on the maintenance of OLPC
XO's before he leaves this summer for Dakar.
     2. Can you recommend a HW person who can spend time with him?
     3. Can our group help some how with these issues or replacement parts?

Best regards
Bruce