[OLPC-SF] XO-1 for pickup

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Sat Jan 8 19:42:24 EST 2011

I'd love to have it to use for Philippines if no one else is interested. I
do live in So. San Jose close to Blossom Hill and 85.

Cheers,
-- Cherry
On Jan 8, 2011 3:35 PM, "Bill Coderre" <bcbc at mac.com> wrote:
> My XO-1, which is slightly messed up, needs a new home. The battery
doesn't seem to work. The keyboard has been replaced with a mini-USB
keyboard, because I just plain could not type on it. I still can't type on
the new one, either, but it is working correctly. I have the old keyboard if
you want to try to restore it.

> On the plus side, the display bezel has been autographed by Mary Lou
Jepsen, with whom I had the pleasure of spending time at the Media Lab, back
when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and the firmware/software has been updated
a few times. It's not the very latest revision, but it's close.

> I AM using the VirtualBox + "Sugar on a stick" approach, instead. My
MacBook Pro has big keys for my fat fingers.

> I'm in south san jose. I'd love someone to pick it up, or if there's some
place I can drop it off nearby.