[OLPC-SF] SF Community Summit - Updating the deployment guide

Burnett, Mark mark.burnett at bearingpointconsulting.com
Mon Oct 11 11:50:19 EDT 2010

Dear community,

I am coming to the SF Community Summit and would very much like to meet anyone who could contribute experiences, ideas and lessons learned to the next release of the deployment guide, which I am in the process of updating. The new guide will contain more information for large scale deployments at country, state or region level. It will include guides on planning the deployment as a phased rollout covering piloting in a single school through to rolling out to many cities in parallel. The following new sections will be added to the guide:

·      Planning the deployment
·      How to address national & regional education policy (including sponsorship)
·      Funding scenarios decision tree (NGO v Gov v Philanthropist v Charity)
·      Team set up and deployment management
·      Links to related documents such as training guides
·      Templates, e.g. training & deployment timetables
·      Lessons learned, e.g. Don’t rely on solar power, ...
·      A teachers perspective / how to facilitate learning with the XO
·      Teacher Training
·      Community Involvement

If you will be at the summit and would like to meet up please get in touch. If you have lessons learned, ideas, or case studies that you can send me to incorporate into the new guide then please email or skype me.

Thank you

Mark Burnett

Email:  mark.burnett at bearingpointconsulting.com
Phone:  +44 (0)7876 478568
Skype:  markburnett11

BearingPoint Limited
London
Registered in England with company number 03144016

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.