[OLPC-SF] Another year...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Mon Dec 27 15:29:10 EST 2010

Another year is almost done. 2010 was eventful. We hosted the most
exciting OLPC conference thus far, and I am proud to say that most of
it was not by design :-) The summit was truly ad hoc and the attendees
made it a memorable event. Remember, these are the same magical people
who make magical things happen for a good 2 million kids worldwide :-)

Here are a collection of pics:

http://flickr.com/photos/teefal/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/sets/72157625235030544/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/sets/72157625361491634/
http://picasaweb.google.com/tuxwingsgroup/Olpc#
http://codewiz.org/wiki/pictures/conf/olpc-sf-summit-2010
http://flickr.com/photos/55110273@N07/
http://picasaweb.google.com/pflores2/OLPCSF2010Summit#
http://kleico.net:7580/Summit/summit.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wtstelzer/sets/72157625292239134/

Enough pics for you ? If not, take a peek at http://olpcmap.net and
see if you live next to a celebrity :-)

We have close to a dozen projects hosted out of the SF Bay Area, with
growing synergy across education, technology and outreach efforts. As
of yesterday, a project from Pakistan has joined the fold!
(http://olpckarachipakistan.wordpress.com/)

Going forward, next month's meeting is being organized by Aaron
Borden. This trend started with Robert Howard...we are taking turns to
pick a month and organize it - community style! I'll let Aaron
announce details, etc. although I hear we'll have cake (hint hint:
third birthday).

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems