[OLPC-SF] New user support request

J Nauss jnauss at lwhs.org
Thu Apr 2 12:57:18 EDT 2009

Hello, I am a high school teacher and new user to the OLPC and will be
helping to lead a student project in Keur Sadaro, Senegal in June
(short notice, I know). There were 25 OLPCs brought over last year
that are not in use but will be this summer when the wireless mesh
network is completed. We will bring an additional 20 or so OLPCs.

Due to a pre-scheduled vacation, I am unable to attend the April SF
meeting, but I was wondering if there is anyone with time and energy
to help me get started. While I am able to sort out the basics, I am
finding that most of the Activities do not have instructions, or the
instructions explain what the program does but not how to do it. One
even says, "If you are computer savvy and play with it long enough,
you can figure it out." This won't be useful in Senegal.

More specifically:
1. Are there actual instructions for some of the more complex
activities?
2. Are there lesson plans/unit plans?
3. I have downloaded the user manual - is it available in other
languages?
4. Are there new user training sessions offered other than the one
Saturday each month?

Thank you!
Jenny Nauss