[OLPC-SF] showing off your XO

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Nov 18 09:32:28 EST 2008

How many of you plan on showing off your XO in public places? Any
ideas? Maybe concerted efforts on showing up at your neighborood
cafes, bookstores, libraries, campuses, etc.?

I'm putting together a infocard that you can print on card stock or
paper and carry it with you. If anyone asks about your XO, do a short
pitch "Haven't you heard of the OLPC project? This is one of those
things that can really change the world!" and hand them an infocard.

Any other ideas for advocacy and/or awareness are welcome.

Speaking of advocacy, how many of you still need to upgrade to the
latest Sugar build (significantly better than the one you got via Give
1 Get 1 last year)? Let us know on the list or drop me a note off list
so that we can help you upgrade. You'll be surprised at how much
better its become!

cheers,

Sameer
--