[OLPC-SF] Microsoft Is Joining Low-Cost Laptop Project - New York Times

jim jim at well.com
Sun May 18 03:11:13 EDT 2008

   Mr. Negroponte is inspiring and charming.
I get the feeling that his idea of talking
to project participants is talking at them
rather than talking with them. I don't know
for sure, of course. Can this hypothesis be
verified, and if true, how to proceed
(encourage listening and adjusting mindsets)?

   Note that in the field of education, the
instructor as lecturer is an increasingly
diminished model; hands-on, accountable, and
creative action is seen often as a more
effective educational model--the old
learning-by-doing way of thinking is getting
some respect.