[OLPC-SF] G1G1 (was Re: What To Do When You Get Your XO)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 06:36:32 EDT 2008

GiveOneGetOne for Europe is supposed to start up this summer. I want
to get someone in Europe to take orders for other countries, with the
warning that you will get a European power plug and you are on your
own for complying with your own country's regulations on computers and
consumer electronics. The US has an exemption for development units,
but I don't know about other countries.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Hoover Chan <chan at sacredsf.org> wrote:
> For those of us who still don't have an XO, what's the current word on how we can get one?

For just one, check eBay. For 100 or more, some of us are willing to
help you navigate the GiveMany program.

> Alternatively, will you folks accept an Asus Eee PC 900 user into your midsts? <grin>

If you are running Linux, you can install the Sugar packages from Red
Hat, Debian, or Ubuntu. Otherwise, you should be able to run a LiveCD
of Sugar. The Wiki has instructions for both. So you are welcome to
join in, of course.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/