[OLPC-SF] What To Do When You Get Your XO ... continuing

Robert Howard rihoward at rawbw.com
Thu Jun 5 10:24:00 EDT 2008

Valerie,

Those sites are fine.  They give you everything you need to get going
or are you one of those people that needs to be spoon fed ? The XO is
supposed to be about exploring and leaning, not rote training.
There is already many pages of useful information at the official
wiki.  If you want to do something useful you could start a table of
contents that link to the various sections of the wiki.

http://frombob.to/XO/ had nothing original in it except for the bad
information and was a collection of reposts from else where that had
not been peered review. That is the problem with work that is not
peer reviewed.  A couple of people tried to get in touch with the
http://frombob.to/XO/ web site owner when it was up to get it fixed
but there was no contact information available. Your insistence on
wanting to post bad information  from  http://frombob.to/XO/ to the
wiki suggests either hubris on your part or even worse.  I suspect
worse as why else would you want to post information which result in
a crippled XO ?

/rh