[Olpc-sf] Database corruption issues evidence?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:12:42 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 10:55 AM, Sarah Mei <sarahmei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why should they correct a wiki entry? Nobody takes user-generated
> content at face value.
>
> And removing information would only feed the imaginations of the
> disgruntled. It'd be like cutting off the head of the Hydra - a
> hundred more wiki pages with half-baked theories would spring up in
> its place.

Yes, but why did the OLPC support representative tell me something
similar over the phone?  It just doesn't make sense.  She had to look
in a *separate* database to pull up my info.  This seems to imply that
yes, in fact, someone involved in the OLPC project knew about database
issues...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."