[Olpc-sf] charging credit cards before shipment?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:20:39 EST 2008

I believed that it was illegal to charge credit cards unless you have
actually shipped the product to the customer.  At least, in 2003 when
I first built ZeroToys.com for a customer, that was the merchant
account's policy.  We were not allowed to charge the customer's credit
card until shipment.  Doing so would otherwise be against the law.
Has anyone else heard this policy or can refute it?
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."