[Olpc-sf] OLPC Crisis: Customer Data Lost

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Jan 24 17:43:33 EST 2008

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 1:24 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> How do you know that the first day customer database is corrupt? Mine
>> isn't here yet, but every time I call (and get through) they seem to
>> have all my information street address and all. I got an e-mail today
>> that says the laptops aren't here yet (backordered?) and they'll keep me
>> posted.
>>

> An OLPC representative told me this over the phone...

Here's what I got this morning:

Dear Donor,

We wrote you several days ago to let you know that your donation is in
our shipping queue for the shipment of your XO laptop.

We are awaiting the arrival of new inventory so that we may ship your
laptop to you. We will send you another update in the next few days when
we have specific shipping information.

We appreciate your generosity and patience.

Sincerely,

OLPC Donor Services

Sameer

--