[OLPC-Philippines] Tablets

Carlos Nazareno object404 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 06:48:10 EDT 2015

If you're not very particular about the tablets Ron, there are a
number of low-cost Android ones assembled by local EMS/OEMs such as
Cherry Mobile and MyPhone, as well as those from china that cost about
$50 I think. Not sure about the specs, but they'll be at least 1GHz on
Android 4, with expandable MicroSD slots.

Some of them might be pressure-based and not capacitive, but quite a
bit of e-learning content, e-books, videos, etc can be loaded on them
since they're Android.

-Naz

On 7/13/15, Mitchell Seaton <meaton.2v at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> If you mean the Sakir android tablet, I am not aware of availability of
> them in Philippines, but if it is just a few I would recommend purchase in
> US (Walmart). It should not be much problem bringing in a few to
> Philippines as gifts. For available OLPC laptop (XO-4 touch) machines I
> would see if anyone here can lead you with reply, or appeal to other OLPC
> groups in the region or look online on eBay market.
>
> Regards
> Mitch
> On 13 Jul 2015 02:51, "Ron Rioux" <ron.rioux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'll be traveling to Albay in October and I would like to give a few
>> tablets to children that I know.  Can I obtain tablets in the Philippines
>> or would I need to bring them with me?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ron

carlos nazareno