[OLPC-Philippines] Lubang in Full Swing!

Sandeep C. sgc0611 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 11:06:03 EDT 2010

Great news!

We have gotten confirmation that funding for the Lubang 100-laptop
deployment has been completed. The XO's will be ordered shortly and will be
delivered within 3-4 months.  eKindling has scheduled the training of
teachers and other interested folks on April 12-16 at the National Computer
Center and April 19-23 (venue TBD). Cherry Withers is flying in from the US
to be the principal mentor. Tessa Yuvienco, Hamilton Chua and Rowen Iral
will provide on-site support.

We need your help!

So far, we've been able to gather 6 laptops from Ryan, Jerome and Cherry.
Not enough. I'm aware that at least 10 laptops have been shipped to the
Philippines through the OLPC developers' program. We'd like to borrow these
laptops for the two-week training session. The knowledge transfer to future
trainers is critical to our success -- we need to make this happen
seamlessly.

Feel free to contact Hamilton Chua at +6309052660272 (or hamilton.chua at
gmail.com) to arrange delivery/pick-up of the XO's.

Thank you much.

Sandeep