[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC XO 1.5 pilot in Lubang, Occ. Mindoro

K Villa krvilla at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:40:33 EST 2010

Congratulations are in order to you and everyone that put this all together
and to the community that opened its mind and placed its trust to each and
every effort so selflessly given.

Kudos.

/Karissa Villa

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:20 PM, jgotangco at gmail.com <jgotangco at gmail.com>wrote:

> Now it can be told - that the Philippines is now officially in the
> list of countries that have deployed the OLPC program to a school.
> Education Kindling has announced the launch of the OLPC program pilot
> in Lubang, Occ. Mindoro today and was attended by Dep Ed secretary
> Bro. Armin Luistro, FSC.
>
> I have been doing OLPC advocacy since 2008 and this resulted to
> Education Kindling with some members of this mailing list. Seeing 95
> kids now at the close of 2010 with OLPC XO-1.5 laptops in Lubang is a
> dream come true for many of us here. Thank you Meg Simpson, Susan
> Abaya and the members of the NCC alumni (I have lost count but you
> know who you are) for making this happen, along with Mayor Sanchez and
> the local government of Lubang. Kudos as well to the teachers involved
> and the parents who have been very supportive of the cause for their
> children. Without your contribution and dedication to the Lubang
> project, this would not be possible at all. Our mission has just
> begun!
>
> I've uploaded some pictures from the launch. You can check it out at
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/jgotangco/EducationKindlingEKindlingOLPCProgramPublicLaunchAtLubang?feat=directlink
>
> My public gallery has some photos of past OLPC Philippines Community
> and Education Kindling events we have participated as well:
> http://picasaweb.google.com/jgotangco
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Jerome G.
> http://www.google.com/profiles/jgotangco
> http://ph.linkedin.com/in/jeromegotangco

» design communicates / www.east-axis.com «
*If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be
patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.*
Bookshelf<http://www.librarything.com/profile/krvilla>
<http://krvilla.posterous.com> » Pics
on Flickr <http://flickr.com/photos/kaffee> » Twitter<http://twitter.com/kaffee>