[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC XO 1.5 pilot in Lubang, Occ. Mindoro

jgotangco at gmail.com jgotangco at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 09:20:17 EST 2010

Now it can be told - that the Philippines is now officially in the
list of countries that have deployed the OLPC program to a school.
Education Kindling has announced the launch of the OLPC program pilot
in Lubang, Occ. Mindoro today and was attended by Dep Ed secretary
Bro. Armin Luistro, FSC.

I have been doing OLPC advocacy since 2008 and this resulted to
Education Kindling with some members of this mailing list. Seeing 95
kids now at the close of 2010 with OLPC XO-1.5 laptops in Lubang is a
dream come true for many of us here. Thank you Meg Simpson, Susan
Abaya and the members of the NCC alumni (I have lost count but you
know who you are) for making this happen, along with Mayor Sanchez and
the local government of Lubang. Kudos as well to the teachers involved
and the parents who have been very supportive of the cause for their
children. Without your contribution and dedication to the Lubang
project, this would not be possible at all. Our mission has just
begun!

I've uploaded some pictures from the launch. You can check it out at
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgotangco/EducationKindlingEKindlingOLPCProgramPublicLaunchAtLubang?feat=directlink

My public gallery has some photos of past OLPC Philippines Community
and Education Kindling events we have participated as well:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgotangco

--
Cheers,

Jerome G.