[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC Training Program (Quezon City): Invitation

Jon Mannion jmannion_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 11:23:43 EDT 2010

Greetings Ryan

I am excitied that the OLPC initiative is energized and breaking ground.

I am looking forward to participating in as many ways as possible in the coming months and years.

We met some time after Ondoy (Oct) I shared my project with you and Sandeep. I am establishing a IT enriched learning center with the Pasay City ALS. www.outofschoollearning.org

 The projects have a grat deal in common, although ours is not a OLPC (we would nt turn them away) we are more focused on extending the ALS learning philosophy, with 21st century particpatory structures and practices.  (Connectivism, social construcitonism, local and global focus...enough already!!)

Suffice it to say we are covering a lot of the same territory.

I am very excited and happy for your progress, and look forward to meeting your team on Monday!

I have many questions!  One for right now is, how does one get to Lubang?  Is it by boat from Batangas?  What an adventure!! lol

Thannks for the conneciton

All the best!

Yours

Jon Mannion
 Mr. Jon Mannion
Pepperdine University
Education Leadership and Technology
Pasay City Metro Manila
Cell Manila 0915 891 5668 Landline 02 500 2056 MJ 213 928 6539
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmannion/sets/
www.outofschoollearning.org
jmannion.org/rss