[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC Training Program (Quezon City): Invitation

Ryan Letada rletada at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 02:50:38 EDT 2010

Hi all,

On behalf of eKindling, I would like to extend an invitation to *ONE
awesomeindividual
* who can participate in the five day training program (April 12-16) for the
first One Laptop Per Child Deployment in the Philippines. The training
program will take place in the National Computer Center, Quezon City,
Philippines. Its a great opportunity to learn about the XO laptop, and its
content and software designed for joyful and collaborative learning. During
the training, you will get a chance to:

   - Explore your own XO Laptop for 5 days
   - Learn about the hardware and the Sugar Learning Environment
   - Learn about digital activities and curriculum integration
   - Interact and vibe with the inaugural pilot class comprised of students,
   educators, and local support team from Lubang, Mindoro.
   - Meet the eKindling Team

This is open to anyone with a *strong interest* in *Education
Technology/ICT-Based Learning. *However, there is a catch :)

We prefer individuals who will be able to:

   - participate in post-training discussions re: the effectiveness of pilot
   program.
   - participate in future training planning sessions.
   - participate in future OLPC deployments in the Philippines as a
   volunteer educator, support team member, or trainer

I know this is very short notice, especially since the event is days away.
Because of this, we are willing to be flexible with the amount of time spent
in the training program. Of course, we prefer you stay the entire time.

*If you or anyone you know is interested, please feel free to email me at
rletada at ekindling.org*. In your email, please answer this one question "Why
do you want to participate?"

Anyways, thanks all and please feel free to spread the word about this
opportunity.

--
Ryan L.
eKindling Team and Coffee-Addict

" A mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a flame to be kindled" - Plutarch