[OLPC-Philippines] Greetings from IGDA Manila

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Fri Apr 9 00:24:08 EDT 2010

Hi Ryan,

There is always a big need for developers for Sugar. We always welcome and
appreciate the help! There are several ways to develop in Sugar.
You can go the Etoys route. For already experienced game developers this
would be a very low entry. To develop a Sugar activity, you can probably
start with James Simmon's book:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/ActivitiesGuideSugar/

Phython background will help. You can make an activity using Pygame:
http://www.pygame.org/news.html
There's also the Karma project which relies on HTML5 and javascript.

I know that there are plenty of Flash developers out there but currently it
is very hard to integrate it to
Sugar.

I will be teaching a 2-day course on Etoys at APC from April 19th-20th.
Please let me know if you're interested in attending. I would like to talk
to you more about creating synergy between our groups.

Regards,
Cherry