[OLPC-Philippines] Volunteers required for school pilot

Charles Chen ideasman88 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 25 00:09:39 EDT 2009

Hello Everybody,
We are looking for interested persons willing to volunteer their
time to assist in the first OLPC School Pilot in the Philippines. Under the sponsorship of a group of former employees of the
National Computer Center (NCC) the pilot will be done at the Lubang Integrated School at Lubang, Mindoro. The pilot will be implemented on 93 Grade VI students of the school to learn English using a course supplement for this subject.

This project is in
honor of Lubang Mayor Jesus Sanchez who was the first managing director
of the NCC. At the time the NCC was established in 1971 its mandate was
to provide information bases for integrated planning and implementation
of development programs and operational activities in the government.
All out-of-pocket expenses including transportation and accomodation arrangements will be provided to interested volunteers.

We need help in the identification of the suitable English learning software for the pilot and the needed training of the school teachers on the use of OLPC XO laptop and the proposed learning software.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

Charles

  Please consider our environment before printing this email.
WARNING - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please delete and inform us by return email. Because emails and attachments may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems, you must be cautious. We cannot guarantee that what you receive is what we sent. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email by us, please contact us immediately. It is also important to check for viruses and defects before opening or using attachments. We disclaim any liability to any person for loss or damage either directly or indirectly from the receipt of any emails including any attachments.