[OLPC-Philippines] [Testing] New F11 for the XO-1 Build 7

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:13:39 EDT 2009

Thanks for this! I've tried it on an XO-1 and it updates fine. NM also
works and connects to a wifi ap properly. I just noticed some things:

1. Panel has an email launcher but there is no associated email
application for it.
2. Cheese doesn't recognize the webcam at all.
3. Buttons from dialog boxes get blackened out when hovered with the
cursor (a refresh issue?)
4. The battery applet shows that laptop battery has no charge (0.0%)
5. No sound?

Also the choice of Firefox as the default browser could be a potential
issue because the performance of the browser is horrible caused by the
very slow refresh rate of the display. Would something like Epiphany
be more appropriate?

Some of the issues presented above might have been to be known issues
from the start and will be addressed in the future. My apologies if
this is the case.

Best,

Jerome

--