[OLPC-Philippines] One Laptop Per Child: Vision vs. Reality

Marife Mago marife.mago at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:32:49 EDT 2009

Here's my two cents worth regarding all these buzz about OLPC's vision and
other Non-profit organization on ambitious projects...I for one is also
skeptical about this project, even when I first learned about  OLPC
project.  However, I also thought and realize how technology opportunities
change the lifestyles of the Philippines now....like if you compare the
opportunities before.....*change like this   will never transpire without
the people who invested higher risk projects*...same also in the vision of
OLPC ....if nobody will  risk higher things like this how do you think these
people who would want new perspective and development in life would ever
achieved such? I know we can't do everything but we can do something great
and small.

I really appreciate that we have the  chance to discuss all these as this is
very crucial and help us really identify who we are, what we want and where
we are.

Let's keep all these blunders coming.

Thanks everyone..

Cheers,