[OLPC-Philippines] What is your vision and values? This is yourorganization, share and discuss?!

James Shields james at marasbaras.com
Mon Jun 15 04:08:13 EDT 2009

Living here on Leyte and being part of the Rotary where we deliver paper and
pencils to school children who study in schools with no electricity ... I'm
a little more pragmatic.

Also, I try to stay out of religious discussions and I think we should, too.
"Open source" is meaningless in this context.  Let's just cut it out
altogether.

Change ... oh my, don't get me started.  My elections (US) were just all
about change.  That word bears little meaning for me at the moment.

As a father, I can tell you that we transform nobody.  We can only prepare
them.  :)

Our vision is to prepare Filipino youth to be productive and meaningful
members of society through the innovative and creative application of
technology.  In doing so, our nation's youth will be able to face an
ever-shrinking and increasingly competitive world, better able to adapt to
better their lives, those of their families, and those of their countrymen.

James Shields