[OLPC-Philippines] Academia: Curriculum building

Cherry Withers cherry.withers at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:19:50 EDT 2009

Hi Rick and John and other interested parties!

How are you? Hope all is well.

Hope you can attend our team meeting this Sunday.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Philippines/Meetings

We have Rick, Marife, John, Janet, Mel and Harv  so far
in terms of folks who have a background/degree in education.
If you're one them...please chime in!!!

On a short term deliverable, Marife and I are hoping to get some initial
materials from this group to post on the web as a sample for educators.
We're hoping to get at least an initial Philippine public school curriculum
for
1st grade-5th grade so we can have a framework to integrate Sugar and build
from.

Long term goal...we hope to collaborate with educators on a Teacher's
guide/sample lesson plan to integrating Sugar in the grades mentioned above.
The aim would
be to put in a level of constructivism into teaching, unique to the the
Philippine Public School
system.

Collaborative tool suggestion: a great medium is Connexions :http://cnx.org/
which is currently in use by Teachers without Borders and other educators
and non-profit
organizations.

Cheers,
Cherry