[OLPC-Philippines] division_of_labor

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon Jun 8 20:14:32 EDT 2009

And more responses to the list! I think all of our conversations have
been moved by now. I will check.

---

Cherry Nuque wrote:
> Hi Sandeep,
>
>     If we apply this to our scenario, we could rename the teams as follows:
>
>     General and Administrative -- Finance, Operations - Sandeep and Ryan
>     Products and Technology - Engineering/Development - Jerome and Harv
>     (see below)
>     Marketing - Cherry
>

> Good point in combining the engineering and development since it will
> streamline the
> efforts of both team. It will probably be helpful in getting the two to
> look for Academe and IT support in the
> region of deployment. It might just come from the same school. In
> companies that I worked in
> (both as intern and full time worker) the marketing team provides the
> inputs to the engineers, but the
> "Marketing" team on this case would probably do mostly fund raising
> related work.

Note that once deployments start, support-engineering and
development-engineering are going to be quite different things. (Make
existing tech work on the ground, vs develop new tech.)

Also note that development-engineering may mainly be work upstream in
the main Sugar Labs (or whatever) projects - I do not really see us
having to write a lot of Philippines-specific code (...I honestly can't
think of any examples of why we'd need to do this at the moment. Can
anybody?)

> Could you guys possibly take care of posting the meeting minutes this
> time? I also forgot to put the
> IRC login information on the Agenda. Sigh. Just REALLY busy this week
> and next week as well.
> Thanks! I'll try to be on top of things next time.
>
> ---Cherry

If someone reminds me at the meeting, I would be happy to make sure the
meeting gets logged.

I actually don't know where and when the meeting is. Can someone clarify?

--Mel