[OLPC-Philippines] Welcome to the OLPC PH group

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Jun 4 16:21:09 EDT 2009

> I should add (in response to another recent thread) that my son is in
> Xavier School and (as a parent) I would love for him to be using the
> XO and/or Sugar in his learning actvities.  If Ateneo becomes an
> institutional partner of OLPC I submit that Xavier School would be a
> good choice for a pilot project 8^).

Ooh - I didn't get to talk with Fr. Go the last time I was in Manila,
but he knows about the project.

I think Sugar would be an excellent outreach opportunity for Xavier
students - if the older children can develop, and the younger children
test, curricular materials, activities, etc. that follow Filipino DepEd
standards and can then be used in Filipino deployments with kids who
*can't* afford an awesome Xavier education, that becomes Xavier's gift
to the Philippines - think about how much goodwill and recognition MIT
got when it started the notion of Open Courseware.

Ray, is that something you might be interested in?

--Mel