[OLPC-Philippines] A change of focus

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 20:57:44 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I just sent this email to let everyone know that I'm more focusing now
on Sugar rather than OLPC. I feel that doing more with Sugar has a
bigger impact to a much wider audience without the potential gridlocks
associated with hardware related issues. I still believe in the vision
and goals of OLPC, but at the same time, the decoupling of Sugar makes
this more possible at a much quicker pace with more people involved
which is pretty much in line with the spirit of open source
development and transparency.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love the XO-1 as a tool and
technology product, but Sugar is the future.

My suggestion towards future discussion, along with the follow up to
our meetup last month is to go towards this route as unanimously
agreed upon. I feel that us being involved in Sugar will have a wider
impact to upstream and a much much wider audience locally. We could
perhaps set up a separate list for that.

Best,

Jerome G.

Blog: http://blog.gotangco.com