[OLPC-Philippines] Caroline Meeks - eKindling, education approach, and community building in the Philippines.

Ryan Letada rletada at ekindling.org
Sat Dec 12 15:48:46 EST 2009

Hi team,

Just wanted to introduce you all to Caroline Meeks of Solutions Grove and
SugarLabs. She was gracious enough to meet with us over Chinese food despite
her looming paper deadline :)
So Caroline - thank you so much! The dimsum was great!

Caroline and our organization share the same vision of utilizing technology
to not only transform classrooms, but communities and nations as well. This
was the basis of our fruitful discussion which included the following:

   - technology as part of community building
   - designing programs that will improve parent-student relationships
   - empowering teachers/educators as knowleagable assets/facilitators
   - extending learning time beyond classrooms
   - Hardware as ever-changing and innovating tools
   - Strategies for teacher training and curriculum design and integration

Caroline has a wealth of knowledge regarding XO/Sugar deployments. She is
passionate, and invested in making real connections between the benefits of
technology, learning and community building. I invited her to our
discussions, and she is willing to be a resource for us, especially in
regards to our educational approach. So please welcome her into our
community!

Cheers,

Ryan L
eKindling Core Team