[OLPC-Philippines] testing builds towards 8.2.0

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:38:23 EDT 2008

In case you are interested on helping out testing the builds being
pushed out as possible candidates for 8.2.0 (draft notes here
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/8.2.0) or interested how it
looks like, this would be a good time to do so. The current signed
build (766) is very snappy and useful along with the Activities
installed (I think these are the apps for G1G1 v2). Browse Activity is
very very functional now. You can grab the signed image at
http://dev.laptop.org/~cscott/gg-766-3/ (thanks mel)

If you are interested in doing functional tests to this build, you
might want to check this: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_cases_8.2.0

Also more helpful is to check for bugfixes as seen here:
http://dev.laptop.org/report/28 (lists of bugs).

BTW, what I did was a clean install as olpc-update is not yet
available for this image (you can do candidate-765 though, but doesn't
make sense now), so create backups if you need so.

--
Jerome G.

Website: http://www.gotangco.com
Blog: http://engage.wordpress.com