[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC PH next meeting: Oct. 17, 2008 at 8PM PHT.

James Shields james at marasbaras.com
Sat Oct 11 02:08:06 EDT 2008

I'm not here to prove a point.  I see many of these kids at least once a
week, sometimes more often.  I'm here, like I am at the Rotary, to help
them.

For this project, OLPC, I couldn't care less about platforms, software, pay
or free, etc.  I care whether or not we can deliver content and product to
the target audience (both the children and those who would purcahse the XOs
for the children) that is compelling.

Honestly, it doesn't have to be world-class.  Although, it should be good
and solid.  I've seen their faces light up over a simple glass of milk or
seeing their picture on a cell phone or digital camera.

If I'm not mistaken, we want to provide education AND hope.
James Shields