[Olpc-philippines] Introduction

James Shields james at marasbaras.com
Thu Oct 18 13:09:11 EDT 2007

Well, I'm up and emulating the XO fairly easily on my WinXP box ... QEMU,
KQEMU and the latest build from the XO devs.

Regarding the spare partition, by "what's that" I meant "leave drive space
unallocated, are you nuts?"  I'll setup a spare machine (I hate dual boot)
here in a while once I get my feet wet with Sugar and start to see where I
could best spend my time.

I'm afraid that my QA and testing experience is limited to making QA techs
scream and bleed out their ears (at one job, I interpreted "code freeze" to
mean "only implement that which was truly cool" ... QA hated me, management
tolerated me, and the CEO invited me to go wind surfing with him).  I can
test and possibly even produce testing plans.  But, I have no formal
training.

Can you point me to where I can download and install any extra activities
that we might have?  Or, are we to that point yet?

James Shields