[Olpc-philippines] Introduction

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Oct 18 12:55:33 EDT 2007

> Hmmm, Filipino-themed games.  How about Sims Fiesta?  With palo sebo
> and  other native games.  Or how about Amazing Race Monumento to
> Makati?  Unfortunately, I have no experience programming games.

Oooh. Hm... maybe we can get some CS students at LaSalle or somewhere to
tackle some Filipino-themed games in Python for one of their classes.
</musing>

No experience is not a problem if it's something you want to learn.
Email me privately if that's the case and I can help you get started.

> Where can I find the dictionary project?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:ZdenekBroz/OLPC-Dictionary (cc'd to list
so everyone can see)

I'm not sure of the status of the project - the page may be a little out
of date. Leave ZdenekBroz a message on his userpage (or find him on IRC
- he's often on #olpc-content under the nick 'Arael5' or similar) if you
want to find out before you jump in, but the dictionary file will be
useful (and your work on it will be accessible) regardless of how active
ZdenekBroz is being on the dictionary right now.

-Mel