[Olpc-philippines] Support from PBSP appreciated

Charles Chen ideasman88 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 7 19:38:48 EST 2007

Hi Rowena,

  Tim who now is lead organiser for OLPC Philippines will be updating everybody shortly on the current developments.

  Have you been to our Wiki page? I suggest you add your name in the list of members so that everybody know we now have somebody in PBSP in our group. I have enclosed a link to the page for your reference assuming you have not seen it yet.

  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Philippines

  I too just recently joined the group and had indicated to Sandeep who is the team leader in the working group managing the government communication my interest to help him in this area.

  I assume with you joining the group we can tap the benefit of having PBSP to further support us in rolling out OLPC. One of the significant hurdles I think we need to get OLPC off the ground in the Philippines is sign-off from DepED. If PBSP can assist us in successfully engaging them for their sign-off that will be already a big success. For now, we need someone on the ground in Manila to co-ordinate our efforts in this area as Sandeep is based in Boston while I am based in Sydney. Maybe you would like to be the person on the ground in Manila to coordinate our efforts here. Interested? Ideally we need to get the attention of Secretary Jesli Lapus on the value of the OLPC program for DepED. If you can help us get Manny Pangilinan and Mon Derige to raise the issue with Jesli I think that will be a welcome support.

  In regards to getting a demo XO for your evaluation I let Tim and Rowen to assist you on this matter.

  Thanks from down under,

  Charles