[Olpc-open] OLPC Video Conference

Paul burnspn at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:43:12 EST 2015

Hi Sandra,Thank you. Would you have any time before then? Maybe I could record our session and show parts of it to the class?
The presentation is meant to give other teachers in the Education Technology and Leadership Masters Program an introduction to the OLPC. It seems most powerful to hear from the participants of the OLPC. While I watched some of the OLPC-SF Conference on 10/23-25, it would be a great opportunity to ask questions of those of you involved directly in the projects.
If you are booked up this week, maybe you'd be willing to describe your experience with the OLPC. I would love to hear how you contribute, your vision, and how your contribution in the project inspires other aspects of your life (i.e. interpersonal, financial, spiritual, professional, emotional, self-expression, leadership, and other qualities that might have been enhanced by your involvement in the OLPC.)
I have been doing a bit of research on the history of the endeavor, understanding the scope of the deployments and the different teams (i.e. OLPC-SF) issues that have arisen around the hardware and software and personnel, and the future of the project including possible new deployments,support for current deploymentsinnovations in hardware and softwareexplored the olpc-mapI assume there is a best practices framework for some if not all of the aspects, and guess that the details vary for each deployment.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks again,Paul