[Olpc-open] Video Editing + OLPC

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Feb 27 11:36:48 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Jonathan Thomas <jonathan at openshot.org>wrote:

> Greetings! I spoke to a nice gentleman at SCALE 12x (sorry, can't remember
> his name) about bringing OpenShot Video Editor <http://www.openshot.org/>to OLPC, and making some improvements so kids are able to edit videos that
> are taken with the built-in video camera on the laptops.
>
> I am the lead developer for OpenShot, and just wanted to officially offer
> my support and time to OLPC. Running a video editor on a low memory laptop
> is a challenge, but I feel confident that we could add a "low memory"
> setting to OpenShot, or something similar, so kids could effectively run it
> and edit their videos.
>
> The only thing I need to get started, is a OLPC laptop, so I can debug
> OpenShot on it and see what changes need to be made. Anyway, I would love
> to help out OLPC if this is something that you feel would be a good fit.
> Just let me know what the next step is. =)

Hi Jonathan,

Plz review Mike Jutan's very similar work @
http://jutanclan.blogspot.com/search/label/OLPC and consider whether you
want an XO-1 or XO-4 Touch laptop?

XO-1 laptops are available for about $100+ on eBay; whereas if you need the
latest XO-4 Touch laptops contact me privately.

Finally, in some special situations, XO-1 laptops are available free from
our volunteer-run Contributors Program here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors

Cheers & Thanks!
Adam

--