[Olpc-open] Self teaching through smartphones

Stephen B. Jencks sbjencks at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:39:44 EST 2012

We would like to partner with OLPC and anyone interested in the work OLPC
is doing.

Our group Smart Start Bangladesh www.smartstartbd.com and Computers are
Free For Everyone http://www.caffebd.com is engaged in providing early
childhood education to poor people in Bangladesh.  Our initiative, inspired
by OLPC, is the creation of a touchscreen ecosystem of self learning
applications targeted towards preschool aged children.

To help fund this project we are applying to start a non-profit called the
Smartphone Foundation www.smartphonefoundation.org  .

Some of the things we are looking for include;

Candidates to serve on the board
Financial Support
Partnerships with media companies
Partnerships with mobile app development companies
Partnerships with smartphone device companies

If OLPC or anyone else out there is interested we would welcome your
inquiries.

We do not want to duplicate other efforts.  If anyone knows of a similar
initiative we would welcome an introduction.

Dhaka, Bangladesh
sbjencks at gmail.com