[Olpc-open] Healthcare - Potential Opportunity

Alan Andryc andrycaa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 20:39:05 EST 2012

Wow!  In full transparency I'm impressed with not only the quantity of
 It sounds like there's definitely some interest here and that there's the
potential to do some work in this space.

This gets me pretty excited as I see a lot of potential.

With that said I've reached out to a couple optometrists from my group to
inquire about our ability to utilize both a model of an eye as well as the
isochromatic plates which is what's used for testing color blindness. As we
are a corporate entity I'll most likely have to speak to our legal
department to get permission to open them up to OLPC for distribution as
well.

Looking ahead I have a few questions:

1. Whom from OLPC can I work with to put together the business case to get
this reviewed by the educational group and is there any documentation
showing this process?

2. Are there any technical documents I can look at from a software
architecture standpoint.

3. Is there anything a new comer should know. I'm not trying to step out of
anyone's toes but simply want to try to help. How does this normally work?

Any insight / thoughts would be appreciated.

-AAA

Hello, I'm new to this venue but am looking to contribute and/or determine
if I might have some material that would benefit the community.  I work for
a healthcare company that specializes in vision and was wondering if there
was any need for material on healthy vision or perhaps an interactive eye
model to teach children about the different parts of the eye.  It could be
anything in this realm really - the sky is the limit.

My company is constantly looking for ways to give back and if there was
some interest in this I'd look to build a more robust case and inquire more
deeply into whether the company would be willing to put some resources
behind this.

Is there anyone on this distribution list that would be able to point me in
the right direction?

--
AAA