[Olpc-open] Debxo 0.5-turn of wireless completely on the XO laptop

Delbert Franz ddf at iqdotdt.com
Thu Mar 5 16:56:57 EST 2009

Hi, I'm happily using my XO with Debxo 0.5 with XFCE replaced by Icewm.
It is working quite well on all of my tests, given the hardware.  I am
impressed with what I can do so far.  I'm running from a 16GB SD card,
leaving the built in SSD untouched.

I'd like to tailor it to my current application and I don't need wireless in that
instance.  Is there a way to turn it off completely from Debxo?

My second question is that there is a constant stream of messages being
sent to /var/log/kern.log.  My probing so far has not found the source
but if possible I would like to stop them:  its a series of messages
like:

 ... olpc-ec: running cmd 0x15
 ....olpc-ec: received 0x13

the running and received results vary a bit, but there seems to be
close to one of these every few seconds.  Can I turn these off?  The
just add to the wear on the SD card and I see no purpose in them:)
Plus when I plug in USB hardware, it makes it much harder to see the
response from the kernel.

Thanks.

                 Delbert Franz