[Olpc-open] DebXO 0.5 release

Delbert Franz ddf at iqdotdt.com
Thu Mar 5 16:46:57 EST 2009

>Hi,
>I've just built and tagged DebXO 0.5.  I had to put this out sooner than
>I'd anticipated due to an OFW upgrade that broke things.  It doesn't have
>some of the features I'd wanted to have in 0.5, so they'll have to come
later.

>DebXO is a version of Debian (testing) that is customized for the XO-1
>hardware.

    snip

Just a note to say how smoothly this all worked when I installed the XFCE
version on my XO,
which had been waiting for more than a year for me to do anything on it.  I
use Debian on all
of my machines (about 6 in active use) and the default interface on the XO
was not to my taste:)

I also use Icewm, so I stripped out XFCE4 right after getting it loaded and
installed Icewm
and the startup is a lot faster--Icewm gives me what I want anyway.

Thanks for all the hard work in making an install of Debian on a
"non-standard" machine
so easy!  Looking forward to subsequent releases.

               Delbert Franz