[Olpc-open] 2PM Boston Time TODAY/Friday: Brief Contributors Program Mtg (#olpc-meeting)

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Jun 19 12:59:58 EDT 2009

Please join us reviewing the latest OLPC/Sugar community projects in 1
HOUR, over IRC Live Chat at 2PM EDT Boston Time, right here:
http://forum.laptop.org/chat

Then type at bottom:
/join #olpc-meeting

AGENDA:

* New Libraries Coming!
  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects#XO_Laptop_Lending_Libraries

* Which projects might you enjoy Mentoring?!
  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects
  http://rt.laptop.org/Search/Results.html?Query=Queue=%27contributors%27

* Fast Review of the 2 latest (greatest!) HW/Project Proposals -- please
  join us advocating for and/or reviewing shortcomings of these proposals:

1. Booming Bang Game - Jaipur, INDIA
   http://rt.laptop.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=42001
   http://sites.google.com/site/boomingbang/

   Requests 2 XO's for 12-18 months

   Project Objectives:
   - The Booming Bang is a Funny game developed for Children of age
     group 6-18. It is a fun based game and as needs logical thinking
     time to time, I think it'll help children develop their skills.
   - This project will include logical thinking and creativity, to
     allow children be more creative and think reasonable.
   - Under this project, Full Warranty of Project material will be
     taken by our team, We will replace any defected edition and check
     for future errors.
   - Overall, Our team likes to contribute something to OLPC team and
     we will be happy if we will be able make more children happy.

2. Enfants pour l'Éducation (Kids for Education) - Montreal, CANADA
   http://rt.laptop.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=42243
   http://www.enfants-education.org

   Requests 10 XO's for 12 months

   Project Objectives:
   Nokia Software Engineer & UNICEF Quebec Manager would work together
   to give the opportunity to a group of children from one of Montreal's
   underprivileged neighbourhood to participate in building a brighter
   future by:
   - learning about the state of children education worldwide
   - experimenting with technologies developed to increase education
     accessibility in poor countries (e.g. XO laptops)
   - envisioning possible solutions to the problem of universal access
     to primary education
   - sharing their thoughts and findings using the new social media
     (blog, social networks)